Director of Youth Development, MENTOR California
MENTOR California is an Affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership, the unifying champion of youth mentoring across the United States. MENTOR California has a mission to increase both the quality and quantity of youth mentoring in California and close the mentoring gap for the one in three youth growing up without a mentor outside of their family. MENTOR California achieves this by elevating the mentoring field by providing training and technical assistance to mentoring programs, leading statewide recruitment efforts, advocating for increased local, state and federal investment in mentoring, leading research on the youth mentoring field, and fostering collaborations to transform systems. MENTOR California was founded in 2020 following a funded feasibility period facilitated by MENTOR and seeks to build on a long history of commitment to and capacity building for mentoring in the state of California.
MENTOR California is currently seeking a Director of Youth Development to join our team. This full-time position will work with mentoring programs, community leaders and volunteers to ensure that high-quality mentoring is available and provided to youth statewide. Key focus areas for this position include expertise and knowledge of best practices and trends affecting mentoring, training for staff and volunteers and the ability to educate and work with new and existing programs to deliver services.
- Develop and manage all educational and support activities for mentoring programs, including training and professional development; facilitate trainings as needed.
- Maintain and expand the relationship between MENTOR California and mentoring programs (existing and new) and provide services in a manner that provides value to the client.
- Serve as a source of professional expertise on mentoring, youth development and program development for the organization and the community; maintain and disseminate current knowledge and understanding of research, trends, policies and emerging issues.
- Foster relationships with key community partners and advocate for best practices in mentoring in a wide variety of youth serving organizations such as schools, libraries, after-school programs, churches and sports leagues.
- Utilize evaluative tools to determine organizational impact on mentoring outcomes within the state; compile key findings to capture community trends and inform and drive continuous improvement of MENTOR California services and work.
- Assist with marketing/recruitment efforts and fund development activities, as needed.
Remote Work: This is a statewide position. Travel will be required.
Successful Candidates: will be collaborators who demonstrate creative and critical thinking. They will be resourceful servant-leaders with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to develop effective and innovative solutions to achieve MENTOR California’s organizational objectives.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience in training, program development & delivery with at least (3) years of experience in or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and collaborators from diverse backgrounds, with education and supervisory experience to manage the effectiveness of trainers, consultants and other agency representatives.
- Demonstrated excellence in training, public speaking and effective communications (written and verbal).
- Broad knowledge and experience in youth development and programming and the development and administration of on-going professional leadership activities.
- Proficiency with data management and technology applications.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend obligations.
Salary: The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000 with a generous health and benefits package.
Applicants should send a CV/resume, 3 references and a cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check.
MENTOR California is a fiscally sponsored program of Community Initiatives, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.