Client Services Operations Coordinator
Community Initiatives is an Oakland-based nonprofit service organization providing over 100 nonprofit projects with fiscal sponsorship services including tax-exemption, accounting and financial oversight, risk management and insurance, legal compliance, grants management, payroll, and human resource services. Our fiscally sponsored projects (FSPs) represent all nonprofit sectors––arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and public affairs. While many of our projects are in the San Francisco Bay Area, others operate in various states and international locations.
The Client Services Operations Coordinator acts as an internal service provider to the client services team and works to ensure internal systems are optimized to their full potential. Over time, the Client Services Operations Coordinator will provide insight and recommendations on improving services with a priority on efficiency and ease of use.
Essential Job Functions
Internal Systems 50%
- Act as a point of contact for all technical needs related to internal system use including, but not limited to, Salesforce, DocuSign, Form Assembly, Survey Monkey, WordPress, and TaskRay.
- Work across the organization to improve and streamline systems and workflows, while
- maintaining our internal resources.
- Manage backend updates and improvements to systems
- Support the integration of system use
- Act as liaison with tech consultants on various systems
- Facilitate internal and external trainings on various systems and processes
Data Management 30%
- Assist with data integrity in maintenance of team and partner information stored across
- various systems, and queue management in all databases for compliance, risk management, and accuracy.
- Maintain account receivable process, working to identify and document all incoming funding
Process Documentation 10%
- Create process documents for new and existing business work flows
Special Projects 10%
- Special assignments, projects and tasks to meet goals and needs of the team.
- Experience with Salesforce, Docusign, Form Assembly and the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments simultaneously in a fluid environment
- Project management skills with high attention to details and ability to multitask
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate complex concepts in a clear, understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, creative, and a quick learner
- 3 years of relevant work experience in nonprofit, client/donor focused environment
- B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent experience
Working for Community Initiatives
This position is currently remote during the COVID pandemic but will be located at our office in Oakland when safely possible. There is the possibility of working remotely one or two days a week post-COVID. This is a full-time position at 40 hours/week.
CI offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision
- 401k and 3% employer match
- Basic life insurance, AD&D, STD & LTD
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- 12 days of paid sick leave
- 11 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
Pay Range: $30-$33/hour
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Job Description (PDF)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.