Funding and Resources
We often learn about opportunities for funding and resources that may benefit our various fiscally sponsored projects. When we receive updates, we'll post them here. Make sure you check back as these change frequently!
Mira Fellowship 2024 Cohort Application Window Opens Soon!
If you’re a proven doer and believe you know where the world should aim next you’re a Mira Fellow. We’re looking for mid-career applicants with a proven track record, an undying need to sink their teeth deep into a specific problem, and the openness to reframe their assumptions to find a new solution.
Selected Mira Fellows will work individually and gather several times during the Fellowship to share their research and build on each other’s ideas. It’s a deep dive mixed with a little creative structure and a small group of excellent people.
The application window for the 2024 cohort will be open April 15th to June 1st of 2023. Check out our sample application and stay up to date on the fellowship by signing up for our monthly snapshot email. If you have any questions check out our FAQ or drop us an email at email@example.com
- April 30th • Early Bird deadline - Free! No application fee
- May 15th • Regular deadline - $10 application fee
- June 1st • Last Call deadline - $20 application fee
MacKenzie Scott & Yield Giving's "Open Call" to Donate $250 Million
Launched on March 21, 2023, the $250 million Yield Giving Open Call is an initiative focused on elevating organizations working with people and in places experiencing the greatest need in the United States: communities, individuals, and families with access to the fewest foundational resources and opportunities. 250 organizations will receive $1 million each. The registration period is now open.
- Interested organizations must register to apply before 4 PM U.S. Central Time on Friday, May 5, 2023.
- Complete applications are due before 4 PM U.S. Central Time on Monday, June 12, 2023.
- Organizations must have an annual operating budget of at least $1 million and no more than $5 million for at least two of the last four fiscal years to be eligible to apply.
Filmore Heritage Center Request for Proposals
The Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD) is currently seeking proposals for the lease of the commercial portions of the Fillmore Heritage Center located at 1300-1330 Fillmore Street.
The City encourages proposals that present a financially viable business plan for providing community benefits and creatively incorporating performing arts, visual/media arts, food, and/or recreation/leisure activities.
RFP Issue Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Response Due Date: Monday, April 24, 2023 4:00 PM
Healthy Choices Americorps Member Position
Healthy Choices AmeriCorps seeks San Francisco community members to serve SFUSD by strengthening mentoring programs and supporting a positive school climate. This position is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door in San Francisco public schools by coordinating programs and activities in partnership with School Social Workers, Nurses, Teachers, and Community Volunteers. Healthy Choices AmeriCorps members are paid a monthly stipend for their service engaging students, families, and school community members.
Learn more about this position here.
The California Wellness Foundation
Announcing $16.7 Million in Grants and Impact Investments
The California Wellness Foundation's latest round of grants prioritizes community health and supports California’s communities that have been disproportionately harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic and economic instability.
“In addition to our Advancing Wellness grantmaking, our impact investments allow us to champion equity, economic security and dignity of all Californians, especially now, when so many are struggling to recover from the economic fallout caused by the COVID-19 pandemic," said Judy Belk, president and CEO.
Find out what The California Wellness Foundation grants fund here.
Learn how to apply for a grant here.
San Francisco Announces Financial Recovery Grants for Small Businesses
SF Shines Design Services Grant – ongoing
- Apply for free design services for your small business storefront.
NEW! Graffiti Abatement Pilot Program – ongoing
- Public Works crews and City contractors remove graffiti at zero cost to affected property and business owners.
Microsoft Nonprofit Grants
Microsoft Tech for Social Impact is dedicated to providing affordable and accessible technology and tools to help nonprofits of all sizes achieve their mission. That’s why we offer grants and discounts of our products and services to eligible nonprofits around the world, including solutions like Azure, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft 365, as well as solutions custom-built for nonprofits like Fundraising and Engagement for Dynamics 365 Sales.
Download the Microsoft Nonprofit Grants Proposal to learn more about their nonprofit offers, which include:
- Microsoft 365 with Microsoft Teams can help your nonprofit improve cybersecurity, reduce costs, and empower staff and volunteers to work from anywhere. Free for up to 10 users and discounted pricing of $5 (USD) per user/month for additional users.
- Leverage $3,500 (USD) Azure services credits per year and access the complete portfolio of Azure products and cloud services
- Enable full relationship management for all your constituents, volunteers, and beneficiaries with Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise—free for up to 5 users and discounted pricing of $23.80 (USD) per user/month for additional users.
Please reach out to us and let us know of any upcoming funding and resources opportunities.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add them to our list.