Center for Strategic Community Innovation
The Center for Strategic Community Innovation (CSCI) is a nonprofit intermediary that provides planning and capacity building services to support nonprofits and public agencies in fulfilling their missions. CSCI specializes in identifying, testing and applying best practice methods at the intersection of service systems, including: public education, community development, health, social services, juvenile justice, and neighborhoods. We are experts in building partnerships and collaborations that improve services and reform systems – especially in low-income communities. We are committed to helping build a more just and equitable society.
The Community Schools Project is CSCI’s flagship initiative and the locus of its effort. CSCI is a key player helping to mobilize a regional Full Service Community Schools ‘movement’ in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Community Schools Project:
- Engages, educates and builds partnerships between cities, counties, districts, schools, community leaders, community-based and faith-based organizations, public agencies, families and students to establish the foundation for strong community schools
- Develops the capacity of public and community organizations to build and sustain community schools
- Cultivates technical know-how within each partner, at every level, to establish, build, expand, replicate and sustain community schools
- Optimizes the quality of each component part of the community schools system
- Facilitates the development of communication systems within community schools to optimize smooth operations and effective integration of multiple services