Please review our process before submitting an application for fiscal sponsorship.
Once you are invited to apply for fiscal sponsorship, the next step is to complete and submit the application materials outlined on this page. Complete applications should be sent to to firstname.lastname@example.org according to our submission deadlines.
1. Fiscal Sponsorship Applicant Questionnaire.
2. A letter requesting fiscal sponsorship for your project (usually four to five pages). It should include a brief outline of the proposed project that describes its nonprofit purpose, need it addresses, research or justification supporting the purpose, approach to funding, target beneficiaries, and your three year strategic vision.
3. First-year Budget which describes all anticipated expenses and revenue, including CI’s fee. Every project applying to CI must provide $24,000 in funding (in-hand or formally committed) to be considered for fiscal sponsorship. Use our Budget Template to provide the information.
4. Three-Year Fundraising Plan that identifies current and potential donors, a steady source of revenue, and strategy behind fundraising.
5. Bio and Resume of Executive Director
6. List of Advisory Committee Members – The Advisory Committee must be composed of at least three persons who can provide oversight, advice, and counsel to the project. No more than 49 percent of the members of the Advisory Committee may be paid by the project (the majority must be unpaid).
The Advisory Committee must, at minimum, assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of the project
- Sign the fiscal sponsorship agreement
- Hire, supervise, and terminate when necessary and appropriate, the Project Director
NOTE: Documents may download to your downloads folder. Check there for the files if they don’t immediately open on your computer.
If you have questions about the application process please email us at email@example.com or call (415) 230-7700.