Thank you for your interest in Community Initiatives.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Vice President of Client Services
Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Vice President of Client Services
Community Initiatives is a San Francisco-based nonprofit service organization providing more than 100 different nonprofit projects with fiscal sponsorship services including tax-exemption, accounting and financial oversight, risk management and insurance, legal compliance, grants management, and human resource services. Our fiscally sponsored projects (FSPs) represent all nonprofit sectors –– arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and public affairs. While the majority of our projects are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, a few operate in other states and international locations.
The Vice President of Client Services reports to the President & CEO, serves on the Leadership Team and is primarily responsible to ensure that quality services are delivered effectively and timely to clients. The Vice President will also spearhead the acquisition of new clients (especially large budget ones), uphold a strong customer service model with clear accountability for staff, innovate in order to responsive to client’s current and future needs, minimize Community Initiatives’ exposure to risks, and lead a team of hard working Client Service Managers.
- Oversee the work of the client services team who are the initial points of contact for clients to ensure quality services are delivered effectively and timely.
- Lead a team of Client Services Managers to ensure the team members are trained, supported, and understand their role and responsibilities, particularly in the areas of grants administration, contracts and agreements review, insurance, lobbying, and client adherence to Community Initiatives policies and procedures. Provide guidance and support to address and resolve problems and issues that arise with the client’s staff or volunteers.
- Continuously assesses the Client Services Team assignments to ensure appropriate workloads. Support strong working relationships between CI’s managers and client staff and their advisors.
- Partner with the CEO, the Sr. Leadership Team and the Client Services Team to recruit and secure clients.
- Spearhead the acquisition of large budget clients.
- Work with the CFO to develop and implement a clearly defined customer service model and ensure staff is accountability and well trained.
- Develop a process to effectively assess the quality of our customer service on a regular basis refine the model/approach.
- Manage the semi-annual report and other tools to understand how the clients are performing, whether Community Initiatives is meeting their needs, and how their needs evolve. Use these tools and other data to create appropriate metrics to inform future services.
- Develop baseline data to guide services changes to increase client satisfaction.
- Lead contact with our insurance broker to mitigate risks and control costs.
- Oversee the process to ensure Community Initiatives is registered appropriately in states where we do business.
- Design and lead a training program to build the capacity and capabilities of projects; considers partnerships with other organizations.
- Lead process to implement strategic plan objectives and metrics for department.
- Work with President & CEO and CFO, participate in process to screen new projects, discern viability and overall fit with Community Initiative’s mission and strategies.
- Leverage network, make presentations, author thought-pieces and other activities to raise visibility and awareness of Community Initiatives among key audiences.
- Participate on the Leadership Team, raise issues, lead projects and offer sound advice and relevant perspectives to ensure thoughtful decision-making for the organization.
- Make regular presentations to the Board of Directors in Board reports and at meetings about the work of his or her department and new potential projects.
- S. or B.A. degree in a related field
- Prior work experience of at least 10 years in a variety of roles and/or nonprofits
- Prior work experience of at least 5 years managing a team
- Prior experience of at least 3 to 5 years evaluating programs or projects, comfortable analyzing data
- Strong strategic thinking, writing and verbal skills
- Adept at reviewing non-profit financial reports
- Strong experience and skills in use of systems and technology
- Comfortable working with lawyers, reviewing legal opinions and contracts
- Excellent communicator
- Master’s or graduate degree in a related field (e.g., non-profit management or JD)
- Understanding the field of fiscal sponsorship
- Knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area nonprofit and philanthropic community
- Prior experience in a philanthropic organization and/or social purpose business
- Familiarity with grant making, particularly government agreements and fee for service contracts
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that includes excellent benefits. The salary is dependent upon experience. If interested please send a cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Community Initiatives is a San Francisco-based nonprofit service organization providing more than 100 different nonprofit projects with fiscal sponsorship services including tax-exemption, accounting and financial oversight, risk management and insurance, legal compliance, grants management, and human resource services. Our fiscally sponsored projects (FSPs) represent all nonprofit sectors––arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and public affairs. While the majority of our projects are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, a few operate in other states.
This position reports to the President/CEO and will provide support to the President/CEO by assisting with scheduling, producing documents and presentations, and preparing for Board and Committee meetings. In addition, this position may provide administrative support to other office staff.
Supports the CEO
- Co-schedules meetings along with the CEO
- Prepares and submits credit card payment requests
- Creates and maintains files on the shared drive
- Produces presentations and other documents
- Maintains confidential information and acts with complete discretion in communicating with others about or on behalf of the CEO
- Supports the Leadership team by scheduling meetings, developing the rolling agenda, tracking progress and noting commitments
- Assists with special projects being led by the CEO
Supports the Board of Directors
- Schedules and sets-up Board meetings and manages logistics
- Prepares the Board docket, edits and proof-reads, copies, collates and distributes it as well as maintains the official Board books both in the CEO’s office and on-line
- Schedules Board committee meetings and if required, prepares needed materials
- Takes the minutes at Board and committee meetings
- Provides documents and information upon request
- Maintains mailing list, Board lists, policies and other Board information
- Performs receptionist duties
- Orders office supplies
- Manages vendor relationships, including invoicing and coding: copier, postage machine, technology consultants, telephone, property manager, furniture vendor, carpet cleaners, building managers, etc.
- Maintains the office calendar, kitchen calendars, and schedules the use of the conference room
- Responsible for office maintenance
- Maintains, and annually reviews an ICE (In case of emergency) disaster preparedness plan, including staff contact list
- Serves as floor monitor for fire drills
- Maintains desk manual
- Maintains office keys
Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree
- Three years of relevant work experience
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Computer proficiency (Office, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience supporting nonprofit Board of Directors
- Non-profit experience
- Experience supporting busy senior executives
- Computer savvy (willing to learn new programs and have input into increasing the electronic maintenance of office files).
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits and the salary for this position is dependent upon experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.