Thank you for your interest in Community Initiatives.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Client Services Manager
Client Services Manager
Community Initiatives is a San Francisco-based nonprofit service organization providing more than 100 different nonprofit projects with fiscal sponsorship services including tax-exemption, accounting and financial oversight, risk management and insurance, legal compliance, grants management, and human resource services. Our fiscally sponsored projects (FSPs) represent all nonprofit sectors––arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and public affairs. While the majority of our projects are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, a few operate in other states.
This position independently performs the full range of responsibilities for the Client Services Specialist position and works with the diverse projects of all levels of complexity for more mature, complex clients that involve higher expectations analysis of issues and proposals of solutions. In addition, autonomously delivers services to clients while providing advice on improving services, customer satisfaction and mitigating compliance risks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers effective and timely services to CI’s mature, complex clients with longstanding relationships
- Independently identifies and matches appropriate services to support client needs which may include diversified funding, numerous contracts and more sophisticated financial reporting
- Monitors client’s performance while maintaining professional relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction meets client’s expectations/demands
- Maintains rapport and professional relationships with Client Services Team, cross-functionally with clients, peers in the industry and management
- Suggests improvements to processes to address recurring issues
- Collaborates with CI Team on evaluating/investigating policies and processes to catch potential compliance risk while reporting and advising assessments to management
Contract, Grants, Insurance, Lobbying, Financial Services, Events, Registration
- Reviews contracts and grants to identify issues and risk
- Provides support to Client Services leadership by reviewing contracts with outside counsel and proposing changes
- Negotiates contracts based on policy and recommends approval
- Reviews legal agreements that are not on CI templates and identifies issues
- Administers grants and support audits
- Applies knowledge of insurance rules to interact with insurance companies on basic issues i.e. waivers, planning events
- Follows processes and support leadership in securing CI registration in states CI is not registered to conduct business
- Responsively resolves problems as they arise by actively listening to clients and proposing solutions to management based on comprehensive understanding of client’s circumstances desires and issues
- Communicates, educates and explains solutions except for those involving complex and sensitive HR issues
Improving Client Services
- Contributes to planning efforts for Client Services Team and clients by coordinating goal setting and planning efforts to include creating documents/exhibits, summarizing findings and appropriate follow up
- Coalesces viewpoints and data from a broad spectrum by researching and drafting proposals for new programs or initiatives
Business Development/Client Training
- Supports leadership team in evaluating potential clients by conducting analysis of overall fit with CI’s strategies
- Designs and leads client training on CI services
- Verifies documentation is collected and reported according to CI standards for accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Monitors Salesforce, online/paper client flies and any other applications to ensure all information is stored, organized and easily retrievable
- Provides support to Client Service Management and the CFO by providing information and feedback
- Provides data analysis, research and reporting as it relates to customer satisfaction and improving Client Services
- Provides guidance and advice to Client Services Intern/Specialist on a full range of issues regarding difficult to resolve work related problems
- Represents CI internally by instructing cross functional staff on Client Service related issues
- Provides guidance and solid judgement regarding fiscal sponsorship compliance and industry best practices
- Communicates regularly with management on activities and on pertinent operational or human resource issues
- BA/BS Degree in a related field
- Five years of non-profit experience
- Experience managing fiscally sponsored projects with advance knowledge in fiscal sponsorship federal, state and local law/regulations to evaluate compliance risks and to apply to industry theories into best practice
- Ability to read and understand legal contracts and opinions for contract, grant administration and insurance issues
- Mastered knowledge of CI policies and processes with the ability to explain, educate and apply
- Extreme attention to detail which includes verifying accuracy of work, correcting errors and the ability to consistently produce high quality, thorough work despite pressing deadlines by accurately completing tasks the first time
- Advanced coaching/mentoring skills with the ability to develop projects and convey complex concepts in a clear, understandable manner
- Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Advance knowledge of CI’s Client Services application programs which include troubleshooting issues and recommending efficiency improvements
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written to effectively communicate through all mediums and with all groups while displaying the ability of active listening to understand varying viewpoints and receive feedback
- Ability to tactfully articulate reasoning behind own opinions and change the thinking of, influence or gain acceptance from others
- Project management skills to lead a team, prioritize personal and team tasks and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule
- Adaptability and flexibility to effectively handle change
- Advanced analytical abilities and problem-solving skills to quickly evaluate complex issues, identify options for resolution and apply sound judgement
- Ability to work independently while part of a team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task – a quick learner
- Consultative, flexible and creative
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet applications and other office software, Excel, MS Word, Power Point, and experience navigating the Internet.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
This is a full-time position that includes excellent benefits and the salary for this position is dependent upon experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.